Starfish Swim School
Starfish Swimming 2018 -- $50 per session
- SESSION 1: (8 lessons) June 25 - July 6; Monday - Thursday* from 12:00 pm - 12:45 pm
(*July 4 make-up lesson on Friday, July 6)
- SESSION 2: (8 lessons) July 9 - August 1; Mondays & Wednesdays from 12:00 pm - 12:45 pm
- SESSION 3: (8 lessons) July 9 - August 1; Mondays & Wednesdays from 5:15 pm - 6:00 pm
Starfish Swimming Day Camp Add-on -- $40
- SESSION 4: (5 lessons) July 16 - July 20 during Sequanota Days (Day Camp). Register online for Sequanota Days and choose the Starfish Swim Lessons during enrollment.
StarTots 2018 -- $30
(One adult must be in the water with each child 18 - 36 months)
- SESSION 5: (6 lessons) July 9 - July 25; Mondays & Wednesdays from 5:15 pm - 5:45 pm
StarTots (18 - 36 months)
The purpose of this course is to foster in very young children a high comfort level in the water while at the same time training the adults who accompany them in water safety and drowning prevention. This course does not teach children to become accomplished swimmers or to survive in the water; it does provide a confidence-building, fun, and loving experience. One adult must be in the water with each child. Swim diapers are required.
Starfish Swim School (ages 3 - 14)
Designed to meet the needs of children, this course will develop a high comfort level in the water and a readiness to swim, and for those children who are developmentally ready, it will teach functional swim skills. This class teaches swimming through creative, fun activities in the water. Students work toward developing the five competencies and progress toward achieving the benchmarks at their own pace in a small-group setting.
All swimmers will be swim tested their first day of class to determine the appropriate color level to begin. Most sessions include eight 45 minute lessons. Swimmers will advance over the course of the session when they demonstrate the skills to make the next step in the progression, which culminates with learning and refining the stroke techniques for freestyle, backstroke, butterfly, breaststroke, and more!
|If the student...||If the student...||If the student...||If the student...||If the student...|
|Is afraid of water...||Can't swim without support but loves the water...||Is not afraid...||Can swim under water or on the surface, and can get an occasional breath...||Can tread water for at least 15 seconds...|
|Can't swim at all...||Will jump in...||Can jump in and return to surface...||Can swim freestyle with rotary (side) breathing...|
|Sign up for white group||Sign up for red group||Sign up for yellow group||Sign up for blue group||Sign up for green group|
Lifeguard Certification Course
June 17 - 22, 2018 we will offer a Lifeguard Certification Course as part of our camp program. Most of the week will be spent in the pool, but we will make time for other favorite camp activities too. Training will be conducted by Nathan Pile and certification will will be through the Starfish Aquatics Institute. Must be 15 - 18 years old. Register online using they parent dashboard.
What our Swim School has to offer:
- Low student to instructor ratios
- Water safety education
- Dynamic set-up so children are continually challenged
- Pre-Competitive stoke development and refinement
- Zero-entry pool accessible for all swimming abilities